Sorry for the lack of podcast episodes! It’s midway through 2015 and this is our first one — hopefully not the last. I’ve been sitting on this interview for almost a month now. I sat down with Chris “Macca” McCormack while I was in Phuket in April to talk about their launch of the Bahrain Endurance Team.
Granted it was right before dinner so we were interrupted and I didn’t get to ask him more questions. What he says in this interview reveals a lot of the inner workings of starting and managing a team, working with royalty, and the obstacles they had to hurdle to bring this to fruition. I hope you enjoy it!
- Who are the athletes in the Bahrain Endurance Team? (note: information may be outdated)
- How did it all begin? Macca meeting Shaikh Nasser at Challenge Philippines and sharing a vision
- What were the obstacles to launching the team?
- What is the main vision of Bahrain Endurance Team?
- Who is Shaikh Nasser and why would he fund a triathlon team?
- How were these 13 athletes chosen? What went into the decision to approach them?
- What is Macca’s role on the team?
Shaikh Nasser shakes Macca’s hand (photo by Sascha Deforth) Continue reading “Podcast #7: Bahrain Endurance 13 Team”