Social news network Rappler.com invited me to be a guest yesterday on a Google Hangout to take up the topic of physical and financial fitness.
The show was hosted by Sam Oh and the guests were:
- Charleston Chua, co-owner of Bikram Yoga Manila;
- Kit Guerra, a Crossfit coach and player for the Philippine Volcanoes;
- Rocio Pantaleon, a triathlete and Sun Life Financial advisor;
- Joaquin Valdes, a filmmaker and fitness enthusiast; and
- yours truly, Noelle De Guzman, founder of KikayRunner.com.
It was an hour of discussing the topic “Health or Wealth: What should come first?” While our fitness interests were diverse, we all had a passion for being fit and healthy. Did we bring our savvy for physical fitness into the financial realm as well? We found there were many things physical fitness and financial fitness had in common.
My contribution to the table was that we have to plan to be fit: we take the time to exercise so that we can live longer and better. The same goes for a healthy attitude towards wealth: being financially fit means having enough for what you want to do now and planning and investing so that you have enough for the life you want to live in the future.
I had so much fun meeting my fellow panelists and hearing about their personal approaches to health and wealth! Watch the whole Google Hangout session on Youtube below. You can also follow the Twitter conversation on the Rappler Storify page.