The grande dame of Philippine triathlons is here again! Subic Bay International Triathlon is happening on April 26-27, 2014.
Subic Bay International Triathlon
This is the 21st year of SuBIT, and encompasses 5 events:
- Asia Cup 2014 Series Event: Under the supervision of ITU and ASTC. Top local and international elite athletes get ITU points for Asian and world ranking, and qualification to major international competitions.
- National Age-Group Championships: Want to race an Asia Cup 2014 Series event or the 2014 World Age Group Championships? Age Group female and male champions will be sponsored by TRAP. Top finishers will be declared champions and runners ups in their respective age categories. Only finishers in SuBIT 2014 are qualified to be endorsed by TRAP to the 2014 World AG Championships in Edmonton, Canada.
- Inter-Club Competition: The top 3 triathlon teams with the fastest aggregate times will be declared the National Triathlon Club Champion and runner ups.
- National Triathlon Try-Outs: Excellent and promising performers will be qualified and considered in the National Pool and will have the opportunity to represent the Philippines in international competitions. Slots are open in all categories, including Junior, U23 and Elite Open.
- Asian Paratriathlon Championships 2014
26 April 2014, Saturday (6am onwards) – Sprint, Youth Olympic Games Distances, Paratriathlon
27 April 2014, Sunday (6am onwards) – All Standard Distance: Elite, U23, Age Groups, Clubs
Sprint and YOG: Start and Finish at Dungaree Beach area
Olympic Distance: Start Dungaree Beach and finish along Dewey Road corner Lincoln Street
- Standard – Swim 1.5km, Bike 40km, Run 10km
- Sprint – Swim 750m, Bike 20km, Run 5km
- YOG Aspirants – Swim 400m, Bike 12km, Run 3km
- Elite (Open, U23 Elite, Junior Elite 16~19) – open only to athletes entered by their national federations through ITU.
- Age Group Sprint – Men & Women (16~19, 20~29, 30~39, 40~49, 50 & over)
- Men Age Groups (SD) – 18~19, 20~24, 25~29, 30~34, 35~39, 40~44, 45~49, 50~54, 55~59, 60 & over
- Women Age Groups (SD) – 18~24, 25~29, 30~34, 35~39, 40-44; 45-49; 50 & over
- Inter-Club Competition – Standard Distance Age Groupers
- YOG Aspirants – 15~16 y/o
- Sprint Relay – Sprint distance, 2 or 3 members per team
Until 15 February 2014
Standard distance: P3,500
Sprint & YOG: P3,000
Sprint Relay: P5,000
Until 15 March 2014
Standard distance: P4,000
Sprint & YOG: P3,500
Sprint Relay: P6,000
Until 31 March 2014
Standard distance: P5,000
Sprint & YOG: P4,500
Sprint Relay: P7,000
Standard distance: US$150
Sprint & YOG: US$125
Sprint Relay: US$250
The above rates are applicable for the date of payment, not the date of online registration. 10% discount for TRAP-registered Athletes; 20% discount for students and senior citizens. Only one type of discount applies. Paid fees are non-refundable, non-transferrable and not applicable for future races.
Fees will cover cost of participation, race packet, K-SWISS event t-shirt, pre-race dinner and post-race brunch.
Register online via Bike King: http://www.bikekingphilippines.com/subit
For registration concerns, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For other queries, contact email@example.com