Well, after a full training day today, I found out I’ve been nominated as Women’s Age Group Triathlete of the Year at the SWIMBIKERUN.ph Awards! This is pretty amazing and the athletes I’ve been nominated with are excellent in their own right. The winner will be determined by votes from our peers — this means YOU decide who gets the award!
Why should I be the Women’s Age Group Triathlete of the Year? Good question. Well, I’ve had a pretty full year of racing multisport events. Here are my results for the year:
- SBR.ph Aquaman Aquathlon – 1st in AG
- Subic International Triathlon – 4th in AG
- Century Tuna 5150 – 4th in AG
- SBR.ph Triman Triathlon – 3rd Overall
- Ironman 70.3 Philippines – 11th in AG with a time of 5:59:47
- Tri United 3 – 2nd in AG
- Subic Invitational Triathlon – 1st Overall
- Laguna Phuket Triathlon – Finisher
- Ironman 70.3 Ranking – 1051st worldwide, 5th in the Philippines
I moved up an age group this year from 25-29 to 30-34, considered a tougher group, and I’ve tried my hardest to improve on all three disciplines and shave minutes off my overall times. This was the year I did my first half-ironman, and finally accomplished a sub 3-hour Olympic distance triathlon. It’s been wonderful, and winning Women’s Age Group Triathlete of the Year would be the exclamation point.
You can vote here: http://www.swimbikerun.ph/2013/12/3rd-annual-sbr-ph-awards-voting-form/. Remember, vote for “Noelle De Guzman” (yes, that’s Kikay Runner’s real name) under Women’s Age Group Triathlete of the Year.
I’d also like to recommend Drew Arellano for Men’s Age Group Triathlete of the Year, Raymond Racaza for Rookie of the Year, Miguel “Ige Lopez” for Coach of the Year, and M@ for SBR.ph Forum Poster of the Year. ;)
Will you make my dream come true?